"The only way to gain power in a world that is moving too fast is to learn to slow down. And the only way to spread one's influence wide is to learn to go deep. The world we want for ourselves and our children will not emerge from electronic speed but rather from a spiritual stillness that takes root in our souls. Then, and only then, will we create a world that reflects the heart instead of shattering it." --from the Introduction
In this honest and uplifting book, bestselling author Marianne Williamson delves deeply into the powerful role of change in our lives today. Far from being something to fear and avoid, she says, every change -- even the most difficult and painful -- gives us an opportunity to receive the miraculous gift of personal transformation. The only real failure in life, she observes, is the failure to grow from what we go through. We will find real growth when we reorient ourselves using an eternal compass of spiritual principles, which alone can guide us on this path to wholeness.
By fixing our eyes on the things that don't change, Williamson leads us across ten key bridges of transformation:
- From Forgetting Who We Are to Remembering Who We Are
- From Negative Thinking to Positive Love
- From Anxiety to Atonement
- From Asking God to Change the World to Praying That He Change Us
- From Living in the Past and Future to Living in the Present
- From Focus on Guilt to Focus on Innocence
- From Separation to Relationship
- From Spiritual Death to Rebirth
- From Your Plan to God's Plan
- From Who We Were to Who We Are Becoming
These ten simple but profound changes empower us to see life's transitions as opportunities for growth and rebirth, providing not only keys for shaping our lives today, but also hope for transforming our world into a place of greater love and peace.